It will come to a point in our lives where life will attempt to break us down. Rough times kick us in the guts and sometimes we just wish to let the pain stop. We even think that some nights wouldn’t end because it’s just too painful — painful of what our lives have become. But the night ends, the sun still rises in the morning, telling us that it’s a brand new day to start over and leave all the pain behind because that’s what hinders us from going.
I have always come to the Lord whenever I’m feeling anything. Whether it be feeling down or happy, at the end of the day, he’s always the last person I have a conversation with before I sleep. I may be the only one who’s talking but I know that he’s right there, hugging every bit of me, til all my suffering goes away.
So today, here are six bible verses I want to share with you if ever you’re in pain right now.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
- Romans 8:18 (My favorite) “The pain that you’ve been feeling, cannot compare to the joy that is coming.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Job 6:10 “At least I can take comfort in this: Despite the pain, I have not denied the words of the Holy One.”
- Peter 5:9-10 “Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.”
Pain is part of life and love. It will be hard, you might even think that you’ll be stuck in this rut forever, but you won’t. Because nothing lasts forever. If you’re happy right now, cherish it because it won’t last forever. If you’re down at the moment, embrace it and try to find what life’s trying to teach you instead of letting it take over you, because – again – nothing lasts forever.
I even think that sometimes we need that. Sometimes, we need to feel pain to learn something. To know that we’re alive. That we need to get hurt in order for us to grow. Grow into decent human beings who won’t let other people experience what they’re feeling because they know how hard it is.
I remember stumbling upon this article on the internet one time saying that our problems are just often in our heads. That the reason why we’re feeling unhappy is never because of the situation we have but our thoughts about it. Happiness is achieved with the way we think and the way we act based on our thoughts. If you let negativity swallow you, you will continue to sink in your ocean full of pain and suffering. Learn how to swim to save yourself.
And don’t forget to pray; because there is always something to be thankful for. Always. Don’t pray for a life without any challenges but pray for the strength to endure every challenge you’ll be facing every waking day. When times are tough, remind yourself that God wouldn’t give you anything you cannot do or pass. No pain comes without a purpose. Have faith that He has a plan for you, and you will know whatever it is at the right time.
And with God’s timing, nothing will ever go wrong.